Help spread the word about Caught-The-Skunk.com by displaying my brochure at your local business, handing some out for an upcoming fishing tournament, local outdoor's show or fishing flea market, or just pass it on to some friends.
The following tutorial describes how the new member registration process works, along with step-by-step visual aids. If you are not so computer-savvy and/or are not familiar with online forums, you definitely want to review it before attempting to sign-up. I have gone though the process - step-by-step - to ensure it as easy as possible.
Based on my experience and members' feedback, 99% of sign-up issues are typically related to not following the instructions or not typing something in exactly as it was originally set-up. Missing spaces, extra spaces, or incorrect letter case will cause issues with signing-up.
One other important issue is that you must use the following address to sign-up as a Registered Member. Once registered, you must use this address to log-in and access your personal account:
Step # 1 Register on the Caught-The-Skunk.com website:
1. Enter your DATE OF BIRTH: Month, Day, Year
2. Read and agree to the SUPPLEMENTAL FORUM RULES and TERMS-OF-USE and click on the box stating that you have read and agree with them.
3. Enter a USERNAME (minimum of 5 characters), PASSWORD, CONFIRM THE PASSWORD by typing it in a second time, E-MAIL ADDRESS, CONFIRM THE E-MAIL ADDRESS by typing it in a second time, and ENTER THE TEXT presented in the reCAPTCHA Image Verification Box.
4. Enter your ZIP CODE, LOCAL COUNTY that you live in, FULL STATE NAME, FAVORITE FISHING LOCATION, and HOW YOU HEARD ABOUT THE WEBSITE (please be specific; e.g., Which Facebook Page? Which fishing flea market? Where online? etc.).
5. If you were REFERRED BY a fishing buddy, enter his/her Caught-The-Skunk.com username (if you do not enter the exact username, you will receive an error "Invalid Referrer Specified"). If you do not know his/her specific username, then put something (e.g., CTS member) in the "HOW DID YOU HEAR ABOUT US" field.
6. Enter your TIME ZONE
7. Enter your E-MAIL PREFERENCES
Very Important: You will not have access to the members-only sections of the website or have the ability to post in the forums until your membership has been approved. This typically takes a day or two. If you attempt to do so prior to approval, you will receive the following message on the Caught-The-Skunk.com website page: